Mi Casa is managed by a volunteer, working board. Because volunteers do much of the management, outreach and fundraising, we have been able to obtain grants for major repairs and improvements, minimize overhead costs, and keep our rental rates low. This enables us to serve a segment of the working poor that many low-income housing programs cannot afford to reach.
To continue our mission, Mi Casa is seeking volunteers with a passion for service and social justice, who are willing to commit to an average of 5 to 10 hours a month, and have skills or interests in one or more of the following areas:
· Acquainting potential donors, sponsors, partners and volunteers with Mi Casa’s mission,
· Researching potential sources of funding and developing proposals,
· Developing and managing our annual budget, managing our investments, identifying trends and developing strategies to address changing conditions,
· Assessing physical condition of our properties, identifying maintenance and repair requirements, following real estate market trends and identifying potential acquisitions,
· Applying Mi Casa policy to tenant issues, identifying tenant needs and how Mi Casa can better respond,
· Researching and addressing Federal, State and local regulations governing low-income housing, and
· Advocating the needs of our service population to Federal, State and local entities.
If you are interested in supporting this mission with your time and talent, please submit a brief bio to email@example.com
(Return to Home Page.)